forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Krysalis skin in Forrest CVS?
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2002 09:26:49 GMT

As you may know, Krysalis is using Forrest with its forrest-derived
skin(1).

There are some notable additions to the forrest skin like the left-side
page contents navigation links embedded in the site links (2), an
initial stab at an RSS feed for changes (3), further use of CSS and
newer font sizes as suggested on the James list. The nav crumb has been
moved lower, and users seem to like it better.

Further changes will go to completely CSS-based skin coloring and
changes, RSS feeds for all status items, possible use of more
block-looking (ala Maven) headers, and possible elimination of left
navigation border.

So in essence it's an enhanced Forrest skin. Since we will move the
Forrest skin to CSS, and since I won't do it with this skin, IMHO I
could move this skin to the Forrest skin dir. This can also make it
easier for us all to merge the changes we agree upon from this skin to
the Forrest one.

What do you think?

(1) http://www.krysalis.org/index.shtml
(2) http://www.krysalis.org/centipede/