forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Release mirroring - let's do the release right
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 21:35:07 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> I suggest the release guys to consider doing the next release following
> the above guidelines, and thank the infrastructure team and Stefan for
> the effort taken in being the first and in making the guide :-)

Done for Forrest - please cross-check. I am now using the recommended
symlinks using -current- instead of an explicit version number (those
are inside the source/binaries dirs)

I will remove the http://xml.apache.org/forrest/dist/ link from our
homepage and let it point to http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/forrest/
instead.

Vadim, if you are reading, I assume this will eventually mean you'll
need to change your log aggregator (not that we are already that popular
though ;-)

Pier, I assume I've set up everything so that we fit better into the
mirroring strategy - could you change the nagoya rsync script accordingly?

Once the closer.cgi URI namespace strategy has been decided and Forrest
has been distributed across the mirrors, I'll make sure you'll be able
to download from the geographically closest server.

Cheers,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org