forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Release mirroring - let's do the release right
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 19:17:17 GMT

I'm sending this mail to the projects I know, some of which are going to
make a release soon, so that it's done already with the new mirroring
guidelines.

As you can see on

   http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/daily.html.

Tomcat seems to have more downloads thean HTTPD. Truth is that it's
simply not mirrored.

mirroring here:

   http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html

Stefan Bodewig has already done it for Ant, and he has detailed the
steps here:

   http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/mirror.html

I suggest the release guys to consider doing the next release following
the above guidelines, and thank the infrastructure team and Stefan for
the effort taken in being the first and in making the guide :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -