forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: file: prefix, take 2
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 03:01:07 GMT
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 06:55:42PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Jeff Turner wrote:
> >On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 05:00:14PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote
>
> [...]
> >I'll defer replying to the rest of this email till a more civilized hour.
>
> No need to, I revert any -1.

Thanks

> Please do as you wish, I'm not going to work seriously on Forrest
> anymore now, if I ever will. I'm going in bugfix mode, and you won't
> hear me in discussions anymore.
>
> I feel I have been deeply offended by your mail.

Sorry, that was not the intention :(  What I said about -1s is a
completely generic belief I have formed after watching Avalon tear itself
apart.  If my little rant about -1s were posted to avalon-dev in response
to a PD/SC flamefest, I think you'd agree with it.

I think you'll find if you _express_ your opinions without _forcing_ them
via a -1, you'll get a much less defensive reaction.  I will personally
revert anything you want to -0.9 until I've understood your point.  For
example, if I'd forced through the original patch I'd have never
encountered that excellent bit of thinking about inverting sitemaps for
CLI optimizations.

--Jeff