forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [rant] the difference between a community and a software
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:58:00 GMT
On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 03:11:05AM -0800, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
[snip good stuff, except for the bit about arrogant bastards on
forrest-dev which hits *far* too close to home:]

> There is overlap between forrest and maven. Can this be reduced?
> factored out?

Is there overlap?

Certainly if you read dreams.xml, you get the impression there _should_
be overlap, but practically, I don't see any.  Forrest docs can't even
link to Javadocs yet.  The software landscape changed since dreams.xml
was written, and it looks like Forrest's natural place is as a plugin to
project management systems like Maven and Centipede.  Fine with me.

--Jeff