forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: The Mythical Javadoc generator (Re: Conflict resolution)
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 17:23:48 GMT
On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 05:45:11PM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
>
> >So assuming that the javadocs are already in build/site/apidocs, how do
> >we handle <link href="java:org.apache.Blah">.
> >
> >Seems the simplest approach is to just strip it from the links view of
> >the resource, so Cocoon doesn't even see it.
>
> If that assumption is true and the Transformer is/can be configured
> accordingly: yes.
>
> >That's what my patch did for 'file:' URLs.
>
> It ain't me who asked to revert it ;-)
>
> I had my doubts whether XSLT was the way to do it, though.

There are some schemes which can't be done in XSLT:

- mail:<Message-Id> being transformed into a URL for marc.theaimsgroup or
  wherever.
- linkmap:<link XPath>, which requires opening linkmap.xml.  I currently
  have a half-written transformer written for this.  But even querying
  linkmap.xml could be done with XSLT, using the EXSLT dynamic XPath
  extensions that most processors implement.

How would a single configurable transformer be able to do all this?
Wouldn't having a transformer per scheme be easiest?  Then users can add
their own by editing the sitemap.

--Jeff