forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: file: implemented (Re: cvs commit: ...)
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:59:45 GMT
On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 07:07:24PM +0100, Marc Portier wrote:
> Jeff Turner wrote:
> I'm still wondering about other ways, and I have some vague
> memory of using a file-exists action before deciding on read or
> skinned pipeline (which would be based on CAP)...
>
> but since this is what we have currently, I'ld like to support it
>  a bit further first
>
> one small question: suppose I take up an
> file:./build/api/index.html would it then also browse over all
> the html that is referenced from there?

No, file: URIs can only specify files in src/documentation/content.  For
example, index.xml could link to its source XML with <link
href="file:xdocs/index.xml">source</link>.

There is a deeper misunderstanding here that _everyone_ is making :)
which I'll address in another email.

> >I'm currently trying to write a Transformer that records 'file:' links to
> >a WriteableSource, to replace all this hacky XSLT.
>
> would you scan all the attributes (e.g. figure/@src as well?)

Not currently, but it could be arranged if required.. it currently looks like
this:

    <map:transform type="linklogger">
       <map:parameter name="tofile" value="context:/linkfile.log"/>
       <map:parameter name="schemes" value="file: java: person: info:"/>
       <map:parameter name="exclude-schemes" value="http: https:"/>
    </map:transform>

Where 'schemes' and 'exclude-schemes' specify which links to log.

Attached is the not-finished-but-working source.

> if you think I (we) could be of help, just check in what you
> already have, and express some direction of thought in there...

Will do.

--Jeff