forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>
Subject Re: module.xml
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2002 05:23:17 GMT
On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 07:39:41PM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I see us being listed as apache-forrest(-forrestbar) on Gump, and I
> wonder whether we don't confuse people about our heritage. Is it OK if I
> apply this?

+0

xml-forrest means to us, "The Apache XML Project's Forrest subproject".

But to newcomers, how obvious is that association?  I think most will see
the 'xml-' and expand the name to "Extensible Markup Language Forrest",
which doesn't make much sense.

Besides which, I think the official project name (in the credit logo) is
"Apache Forrest"..

--Jeff