forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Re: Forrestbot live!
Date Sun, 08 Dec 2002 02:51:30 GMT

Subject: Re: Forrestbot live!
To: forrest-dev@xml.apache.org

nice. May want to checkout

AntHill: http://www.urbancode.com/projects/anthill/default.jsp
CruiseControl: http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/

Both of which do similar things. I haven't checked out CruiseControl2 (or
whatever it was called) but both of the above offer great support for doing
this sorta stuff.

Both are more focused on continuous integration (ie watch a repository and
rebuild after a changeset has gone through or at particular times). However a
lot could be shared between forrestbot and these tools.

It would be great to have a generic job tool where you could manually run
things or run things at particular times or in response to particular events
and then have a nice web interface.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." -- Maugham

Cheers,

Peter Donald
| "Common sense is the collection of prejudices        |
|  acquired by age 18. " -Albert Einstein              |