forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject possible forrest-users list
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 22:23:14 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Subject: Verbatim file copy now works also with CLI
<snip/>
> > i should probably just shut up and only post concerning technical
> > questions.  i'm not a developer on this project, i don't know from
> > xml or cocoon or java, and therefore my input is really no more
> > than kibbitzing -- and no-one really enjoys having someone commenting
> > over its shoulder.

I do not care how much you know about anything KenC.
Please keep on with any comments - Forrest needs you.

> I very much value your input & feature requests, as all of us assumably
> do. Pardon me (us) if we sometimes differ about the way a feature should
> be implemented.
>
> Just a thought: maybe we should start using forrest-users @ a.o?

Let us talk about it and see what comes.

I certainly do see the need for a users list.
Very technical discussion, high volume, and the
project arguments could easily be a turn-off.

However what would be the distinction for the posting
content? I find such double lists very confusing, as i
never know where to post certain content. I really do
abhor the Cc mess.

Glancing over past content, i reckon that most stuff
should happen on forrest-users with only very, very
technical and project management stuff and votes
on forrest-dev list.

--David