forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: What's going on here?
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2002 05:01:39 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:
<snip/>

> > The fact that it is being overpublicized is counterproductive.
>
> I totally agree with this.
>
> Forrest is *NOT* even close to be ready for prime time (it can't even
> replace damn stylebook, for &deity;'s sake!) and I would not use it for
> production (there is a reason if Cocoon itself doesn't use it!)

It is just that Cocoon docs and current publication process
are very complex to get Forrest to build and publish. Also many
hands are needed and not much action yet. See cocoon-docs list
and the proposal-in-preparation at:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ForrestProposal

Forrest is fine for prime time - many of us use it for
production sites. I do not care if it is not fast - it does
much of what i need already.

In my opinion there is too much talk and new feature rush, and
not enough attention to existing features and documentation.
This is particularly evident on cocoon-dev but also forrest-dev.
Such lack of polish is our main downfall.

--David