forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Avik Sengupta <a...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Re: More on images in pdf]
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 14:53:49 GMT
On Thu, 2002-12-26 at 01:44, Joerg Pietschmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 December 2002 15:46, you wrote:
> > (pdf generation is VERY important there..)....
> Just curious: why?
I want developers to write ONLY xdocs for documentation. The ability to
share them as html on a project page is really helpful on a team.
However, to send clients, i would very much prefer to send a pdf (when
your contract says.. thou shalt provide documentation .. just a html
link doesnt usually do :)

So basically, i want developers to maintain a single tree of
documentation, but send pdf's to clients.

> > tho i dont have much of a
> > clue about what a Cocoon resolver is ... but i'm sure i'll find out...
> IIRC look for a SourceResolver and how it is used e.g.
> in the XSLT processor component.

thanks, will have a look.