forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Keiron Liddle <>
Subject Re: file: implemented (Re: cvs commit: ...)
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:13:14 GMT
> Now why don't I stop whining, get in there and fix it?
> Because in the long run,  I would prefer to develop a separate wget-like
> tool with cocoon-view hacks added to it, than to develop the CLI into a
> full-blown threaded crawler.  Why?  Because a separate tool has a _much_
> larger audience, so will evolve faster.  Yes, a Cocoon CLI may be more
> elegant, but a separate tool can grow geometrically while the CLI grows
> linearly.

If both are doing the same thing then why not let one "project" do both things.

Surely the basic concept is the same:
- get starting url
- parse for links
- continue on links

So would it be so impossible to have interfaces that are implemented
by the cocoon CLI that do it directly and for a standalone wget it could
have its own way of handling it.

View raw message