forrest-dev mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject a website with separate distributable components
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:02:31 GMT
The xml-commons project is getting started with Forrest.
Some issues have arisen that we would like to raise on
the forrest-dev list. Shane Curcuru and i have both been
separately brewing a posting on the topic. This is a combined
posting, with my take on the issue at the top, and Shane's
at the bottom. (Shane is not on forrest-dev and will read
via Marc.theaimsgroup.com)

The Apache XML Commons project has various components that
are each distributed separately, yet they all live under the
umbrella of the xml-commons project website.

We are wondering how to build the documentation with Forrest,
so that the documentation for each component can be distributed
along with its code and also be available as part of the
xml-commons website, with an additional high-level description
of each component that also gets included with each component's
distro. (Sorry - a circuitous sentence for a circuitous need.)

It seems more complex than just adding separate config
forrest.properties for each xml-commons/component and running
separate builds with 'forrest'.

Best if xdocs content for each component can remain with their
java code.

Also some xml-commons components will use Apache document-v11
DTDs while other components will use DocBook DTDs.

See email
 draft website for xml-commons using Forrest
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-commons-dev&m=103745297102210
and the current draft website URL.

--David