forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Adding protocols to links
Date Mon, 09 Dec 2002 17:00:41 GMT
I haven't done much thinking about linking yet, just some quick
remarks...

On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 16:59, Jeff Turner wrote:
[...]
> For Forrest, the implied protocol in relative hrefs is 'cocoon:'.  So
> <link href="mypdf.pdf"> actually means <link href="cocoon:mypdf.pdf">.

Nitpicking: I think the implied protocol is rather 'http:' (or 'cli:').

For the rest the idea looks good at first sight, though I have some
doubts about (mis)using the protocol for this (or perhaps mainly with
naming it protocol, something like namespace or linkspace would seem
more correct). Another option would be to add a seperate attribute for
this on the link tag, though that could be more awkward to use.

[..]

> [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?t=103444042500002&r=1&w=2

I'll have a look a this...

bruno@outerthought.org