forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Ted Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Getting off of Stylebook
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:43:15 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Turner" <jefft@apache.org>
To: <forrest-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 5:13 PM
Subject: Re: Getting off of Stylebook

> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 04:30:29PM -0800, Ted Leung wrote:
> > If I try converting:
> >
> > xml-xerces/java/docs/readme.xml
> >
> > I get XSL errors that look like this:
> >
> > file:///tmp/docv10todocv11.xsl; Line 81; Column 33; The link element has
no
> > idref attribute defined in the document-v11.dtd, please fix your
document.
> > file:///tmp/docv10todocv11.xsl; Line 81; Column 33; The link element has
no
> > idref attribute defined in the document-v11.dtd, please fix your
document.
> > file:///tmp/docv10todocv11.xsl; Line 81; Column 33; The link element has
no
> > idref attribute defined in the document-v11.dtd, please fix your
document.
> > file:///tmp/docv10todocv11.xsl; Line 81; Column 33; The link element has
no
> > idref attribute defined in the document-v11.dtd, please fix your
document.
> > file:///tmp/docv10todocv11.xsl; Line 81; Column 33; The link element has
no
> > idref attribute defined in the document-v11.dtd, please fix your
document.

> > It looks to me like the forrest dtd's don't support some referencing
> > features that Stylebook has.
>
> Yes :/  Forrest is quite far behind Stylebook.  Link idrefs would have to
> be converted to page refs with #anchors.

Is this something that will be added?

> > Also, does Forrest have doctypes corresponding to Xerces' releases.dtd,
> > settings.dtd and book.dtd?
>
> Forrest has a book DTD, slightly less fancy than the Stylebook one.

Again the issue seems to be links

> status.xml is quite similar to releases.xml, but we don't have a DTD for
> it.  status.xml gets rendered to
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/changes.html

It looks like there's a DTD for changes -- could we add an optional
description element as
a child of a release element?  That way you can have release specific notes
before the list of
all the actions, so people don't have to go looking at all the little
changes.

> settings.dtd looks quite Xerces-specific, but adding project-specific DTDs
+
> stylesheets is fairly easy in Forrest.

Can you point me to the right documentation to read for how to do this?