forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: i18n-ing forrest
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:37:56 GMT
From: "IAS" <iasandcb@apache-korea.org>

> Dear Sergey,
> Please see the message at
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=103604121521559&w=2 . I
> hope that would help you out. In addition,
> http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr/2g/ias-site.zip has an example of
> userconfig.xml (and its i18n font metric file, cyberbit.xml).

Sergey,
you can also contact me directly (in Russian or English) by
kpiroumian@apache.org if you any problems with i18n in Cocoon (and thus in
Forrest). I'd be glad to help you.

> Merry Christmas,
> IAS
>
> P.S. Jeff, how about adding some document to Forrest site (and
> distribution) about guiding i18n for Forrest?

It'd would be also fine to provide some content in different languages (see
PHP docs for an example). I can translate a couple of pages to Russian. But
this requires decisions on how to setup the correct i18n URIs in sitemap and
the needed UI changes. I'd do it myself, but unfortunately, I'm very limited
in time these days.

Konstantin