forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "IAS" <iasan...@apache-korea.org>
Subject RE: i18n-ing forrest
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2002 13:22:39 GMT

Thanks, David. I'm willing to create and provide a xdoc for i18n and
some patch accompanying that. Here's a brief teaser. (:-)

Title: Internationalization (i18n)

1. Get an i18n-supporting font
ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/extras/fonts/windows/Cyberbit.ZI

2. Modify sitemap.xmap
In src/documentation/sitemap.xmap

<map:serializer name="fo2pdf"
                src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.FOPSerializer"
                mime-type="application/pdf">
     <!-- if you want i18n, please set the following element to your
environment and uncomment it
     <user-config src="d:/sites/userconfig.xml"/>
     -->
   </map:serializer>

3. Add and configure userconfig.xml and cyberbit.xml

4. Reference
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/serializers/pdf-serializer.html

I also attached some XML files for example. It would be helpful for
Forrest to have those in distribution though I'm not sure where they
should place.

Please give me any advice or idea for this i18n document. I'll soon post
a draft compliant with Forrest documentation xdoc format.

Lee, Changshin (Korean name)
IAS (International name)
            Company Web Site: http://www.tmax.co.kr
            Personal Web Site: http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr
Senior Researcher & Java Technology Evangelist
JCP member - http://jcp.org/en/participation/members/L
R&D Institute
Tmax Soft, Inc.
JCP member - http://jcp.org/en/participation/members/T