forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Getting rid of the table-based layout
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:09:35 GMT
Miles Elam wrote:

> I finally had enough free time to work on a CSS version of
> http://xml.apache.org/forrest/
>
> The mockup is at http://forrest.iguanacharlie.com/

Mozilla 1.1 on Linux - both look good and render fine, the only
notable differences to my non-GUI-person eye:

Fonts are bigger in Miles' mockup and I don't get any "diamonds" in
front of the headings (About, Getting involved, ...) inside the
navigation bar.  Not sure, whether this is intentional.

Miles' version looks a lot better in lynx, while one could argue about
links (which tries to put the navigation bar to the left in the
"original" table design).

Stefan