forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:09:27 GMT
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Steven Noels <stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:

> I don't know much about Gump - would it be possible to create a
> special 'profile' that only does Forrest generation, possibly with a
> list of other required doco-related resources like Javadoc?

Gump will simply run Ant build files (or shell scripts if necessary).
It should be straight forward to put together a profile that used
specially crafted build files (or just pick the correct targets of
existing build files) to restrict Gump to that.

As a data point: A complete Gump build (comparable to what Sam is
doing on three machines, I use almost exactly the same profile, but
Ant's 1.5 branch instead) on my machine (850MHz Pentium III, RedHat
Linux 7.3, Sun's JDK 1.4.1_01) takes about two to two and a half hours
for building.  Add to that CVS updates (about half an hour) and rsyncs
(about fifteen minutes).

Stefan