forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen>
Subject Re: build times
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 18:22:03 GMT
On Wed, 20 Nov 2002, Diana Shannon wrote:

> Having worked with a Forrest setup for Cocoon, I was wondering how we
> can decrease the build time. It took me (on OSX 10.1 JVM 1.3.1) 30
> minutes to build the docs statically. Removing the pdf links (which
> prevents pdf generation) still took  24 minutes. I realize build times
> are somewhat irrelevant for bots, but, I fear committers won't preview
> their doc changes if build times are so long.
> Is this all because of the Cocoon command line? Do we have any options?
> Or have I overlooked some important configuration detail (e.g.
> cocoon.xconf). Or perhaps a problem with my setup.

Sounds like a system problem.  I tried running C2 on my 300mhz ibook
running OS X and it was unbearably slow.  I don't think Java on OS X is as
fast as it should be.  You could also try upgrading to 10.2 (and 10.2.2
for that matter) and see if things are helped at all.

Tony Collen --
College of Liberal Arts   University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, West Bank

View raw message