forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: including scripting in output files
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 16:34:18 GMT
Hi,

If your goal is to output PHP, then I think a tool like forrest (or any XSL
based tool) is not what you want.

>From a quick search I did not see any way to create well-formed PHP. The
workarounds to get the PHP output through XSL would be painful and ugly to say
the least.

This, in my view, is a failing of PHP - it can't be well-formed. JSP had the
same problem but SUN introduced well-formed JSP.

I would say that minimally you need to understand basic XML to use a tool like
forrest.

Maybe more searching would turn up  something like:

<php:script>
blah blah
</php:script>

-Rob