forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: Cocoon Update: better error reporting and chain metamodule
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 01:23:13 GMT
Hi Ken,

I would recommend creating several 'primary' XSLTs that have different
structures (L&Fs). These xsl:include/import 'common' XSL(T)s. The primaries are
relatively small, just setting up the structure of the page for things like a
table-based layout versus a pure CSS layout, or 1, 2, 3 or 4 column layouts.
Everything else should be able to be 'common' or 'util.'

Just ship all of the primaries with forrest and the user can choose (perhaps by
renaming the primary to the forrest default?)

make sense?

best,
-Rob