forrest-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Koberg" <...@koberg.com>
Subject RE: XXE editor support for Forrest (Fw: Re: forrest and xml catalogs)
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 15:49:26 GMT
Hi,

Xopus' best effort was never OSS. They offered a buggy watered down version as
their OSS option.

They said for several thousand dollars you could get the better, less buggy
version.

But they get all the press in communities like this... I don't understand... The
publicity they received, even though they were never truly OS is disturbing, to
me at least...

Personally, I could never get their product to work because it uses activeX (i
disable support for it).

<not-serious>Perhaps they way to do it is like the http://www.oddtodd.com tip
jar</not-serious>

oh well,