forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: build times
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:08:11 GMT

On Wednesday, November 20, 2002, at 03:49  PM, Markus Vaterlaus wrote:

> I think, you are right, about your fears about commiters avoiding to
> check their work twice before commiting because of the lenghty
> buildtimes. For myself (and not beeing a commiter), that's why I wanted
> to set up forrest as a webapp. If I change something in a xdoc-file, I
> want to check it just afterwards and not after 10 minutes.

I realize that building a webapp, with or without the embedded Jetty
option, is a promising approach. However, I had trouble with sitemap
reloading when I tried a webapp-F build for Cocoon. No time to
troubleshoot. I have done this without problems in the past with other
Forrest-based projects.

Have any other Cocooners tried the Cocoon trial run and made a workable
webapp (where you could successfully edit the sitemap)?

I'll try Ken's suggestion asap.

Diana