forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Diana Shannon <shan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: status.xml versus separate files
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:29:57 GMT

On Monday, November 18, 2002, at 03:01  AM, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> The reasons why I preferred to use one file only is:
>  1) it could replace STATUS
>  2) it's a single location for community-related stuff
>  3) <developers> are referenced in both changes and todos,
>     thus I reckoned it better to have them all in the same file

Remember, we use developer info elsewhere too, for example in fixme
elements and in other todo/changes docs (e.g. related specifically to
docs). See Cocoon's plan directory.

We had this discussion on cocoon-dev earlier, and Stefano suggested
having the dtd aggregate the committers list. Can that help?

Diana