forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: Real-life problem: XPI install
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 18:58:28 GMT
At 19:33 16/11/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>Good news  go to http://cvs.apache.org/~nicolaken/stuff/index.html
>    :-)     with Mozilla and click on the _Forrestbar XPI Install link_
>            It will automatically install the bar :-)
>
>I want to put this in the main forrest site, because it's really cool, but...
>
>Bad news:  It needs Javascript on teh top of the page and an
>    :-(     onclick attribute on the link.
>

>How is one supposed to do this :-?

Huh, you need help on this javascript stuff?
What do you exactly want to do, I might be able to help.
I suppose you need a browser detection and when Mozilla is used you want it
to install automagically.  How can you detect that it already is installed?
Besides, you need to restart the browser after the install, not really user
friendly.

Bert