forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject Re: path space problem
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:53:23 GMT
There's no need for this.
I have reverse engineered the task  I echoed the command to screen and
tweaked it till it worked.  The solution is to pass the environment
variables till the last commend (calling Ant).

This works from a path containing a space when Forrest is deployed in a
path containing a space!:

"C:\jdk1.3.1_02\bin\java.exe" -classpath
"C:\jdk1.3.1_02\lib\tools.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\resolver.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\nodeps.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant-xalan2.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant-trax.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\ant-apache-resolver.jar;;%FORREST_HOME%\lib\endorsed\xalan-2.3.1.jar;%FORREST_HOME%\lib\endorsed\xercesImpl-2.1.0.jar;%FORREST_HOME%\lib\endorsed\xml-apis.jar;%FORREST_HOME%\lib\endorsed\xsltc-20020723.jar"

-Dant.home="%FORREST_HOME%\ant"  org.apache.tools.ant.Main  -buildfile
"%FORREST_HOME%\forrest.build.xml" -Dbasedir "%PROJECT_HOME%"
-Dproject.home "%PROJECT_HOME%" -Dforrest.home "%FORREST_HOME%" -emacs
-logger org.apache.tools.ant.NoBannerLogger seed

All I need to do now is get to the point that this command is
generated.  Shouldn't be too hard.
When this is done, we are completely free of the space problem.

The solution actually lies in the buildup of the paths.  Keeping the paths
inn the environment variables avoids the problem altogether.  This required
some changes in the FOR loops though (cd to the jar directory and run the
FOR there to avoid having the full path in the appended parameter).

I got to run now, will finalize this in an hour or two when I'm home.

Bert