forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bert Van Kets <b...@vankets.com>
Subject path space problem
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 13:07:11 GMT
The problem with the Win2K batch file is that parameters are passed through
from one batch file to another.  If the path in these parameters can be
replaced with environment variables the problem should be solved.  Due to
the complexity of the batch calling, I haven't finished the problem solving
yet, but I can say that we need to change not only the forrest.bat file but
also other bat files (ant.bat etc.)

One of the problems lies in the fact that the CLASSPATH variable is "built
up" and that for some strange reason spaces in the path are replaces by
semi colons in the ant.bat file.  I'm still trying to solve this.

Can someone confirm that I can use environment variables in the CLASSPATH
(ex. %FORREST_HOME%\lib\endorsed\xml-apis.jar)  if not, how do you define a
classpath that contains spaces.  Quotes are out of the question.

We are nearing a working version.

Bert

This mail is written in 100% recycled electrons.