forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2002 23:55:54 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Sam sees a new opportunity to create a new Gump instance somewhere and
> jumps into the discussion.
>
> I started thinking about the goals we are trying to achieve, and start
> this rant about Gump scope creep, being overly protective about Forrest
> & 'the machine', confusing what Nicola is trying to achieve (making Gump
> & Forrest play together) with what I want (people not being afraid of
> using the Forrestbot) and what Sam wants (intertwinglyness).

Sam merely saw an opportunity to help.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Gump can order and execute anything that can be run from the command
line.  If this turns out to be a helpful starting point from which
someone who wishes to evolve gump in a particular direction, then I will
assist to the point of getting gump up and running and voting them in as
a committer.

There is nothing that is run by gump that can not be run outside of gump.

- Sam Ruby