forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 08:27:12 GMT

Keiron Liddle wrote:

>>>What was the fact that they had to patch things to get it workin?
>>
>>Dunno.. Keiron?  Anything that can be rolled back into Forrest?
>

> The patches do two things:
> - add pdf bookmarks to pdf documents and some other minor fo changes
> - enable cocoon to work with cvs fop

Cool! :-)

> Along with that I use cvs versions of fop, cocoon and batik (or at least
> batik 1.5beta4).
>
> The error you are getting is from a particular version of batik (and
> possibly some other libs). There is also that problem where batik closes
> the stream when creating png and cocoon dies.
>
> You could use the minor fo changes but it won't fix the problem.
>
> So newer versions will work. The patch cannot be applied to cocoon cvs
> as fop releases are coming from a branch.
>
> So how can we proceed. I would like it to be using fop cvs but this is
> not really feasible at the moment.

Why?

Cocoon 2.1 is in alpha.

If the patch works and fixes the problem, personally I have no problem
in patching current Cocoon HEAD (and Forrest). Personally that is, we
should hear others... with these versions, what are the problems that
instead come up? Are they stable enough?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -