forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 16:40:28 GMT

Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 10:22:47AM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>>OTOH, the Forrestbot will be there for projects who don't want Gump. If
>>people ask, I'll see what I can do w.r.t. a centralized Forrestbot
>>instance running on cocoondev.org, as was the case previously with the
>>instance at outerthought.net.
>
> Typing 'forrestbot' in src/resources/forrestbot/samples should now
> generate the following sites from CVS:
>
>   &forrest-site;
>   &forrest-template;
>   &xindice-site;
>   &xml-site;
>   &fop-site;
>
> Please remember to change the 'email' entity first :]

:-)  Let's make it start then.

> Currently, only complete failures trigger an email, not just broken
> links, so its not very useful.  If anyone reading.. nudge nudge, is going
> to be hacking the CLI soon.. making an option to fail on broken links
> would be very handy :)

Ah, after all the requests to remove it because it was a PITA! ;-P

Ok, ok, I'll put an option to make it fail on any error, be it broken
link or broken xml or whatever. Anyway, IMHO the best thing is to make
it finish all the generation and fail just before the end, so that the
report to the users shows all problems, not just the first.

> fop-site doesn't work.  From the command-line is goes into an infinite
> loop:
>
>  * [0] skin/images/current.gif
>  * [0] /favicon.ico
> java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: internal-destination or
external-destination must be specified in basic-link
>         at org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3407)
>  * [32] dev/faq.html
>  * [37] dev/examples.html
>  * [29] dev/extensions.html
>  * [29] dev/configuration.html
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.StackOverflowError
>         at org.apache.batik.css.engine.CSSEngine.getComputedStyle(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.css.engine.value.css2.FontStretchManager.computeValue(Unknown
Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.css.engine.CSSEngine.getComputedStyle(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.css.engine.value.css2.FontStretchManager.computeValue(Unknown
Source)
>         at org.apache.batik.css.engine.CSSEngine.getComputedStyle(Unknown Source)

What was the fact that they had to patch things to get it workin?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -