forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:48:12 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

 > As a data point: A complete Gump build (comparable to what Sam is
 > doing on three machines, I use almost exactly the same profile, but
 > Ant's 1.5 branch instead) on my machine (850MHz Pentium III, RedHat
 > Linux 7.3, Sun's JDK 1.4.1_01) takes about two to two and a half hours
 > for building.  Add to that CVS updates (about half an hour) and rsyncs
 > (about fifteen minutes).

And approximately:
    1.5 gig for all cvs checkouts
    3.5 gig for the outputs of builds
    0.3 gig for installed dependencies (jsse, aspectj, etc).

As Nicola Ken has said, profiles can be defined.  What I will volunteer
to do (if there is interest) is to get the full profile running, which
you can use as a starting point to narrow down as you see fit.

Note: Gump doesn't care whether a project is an Apache project or not.
It happily builds many which are not - generally without any involvement
of the part of the project.

- Sam Ruby