forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:51:57 GMT

Morrison, John wrote:
>>From: Steven Noels [mailto:stevenn@outerthought.org]
>>Sam Ruby wrote:
>> > Steven Noels wrote:
>> > The more information Forrest has access to, the better job
>>it can do.
>>
>>If this requires Forrest to pull all this information to a central
>>location, we know that there will be days which will be
>>simply too short
>>to process all available information within a 24 hour timelapse.
>>
>>I heared about execution times of multiple hours, and my
>>relunctancy is
>>partly based on the fact that I'd rather donate CPU cycles to live
>>Cocoon hosting of cocoon.apache.org, rather than compiling all
>>sourcecode of name-your-favourite-project only to generate
>>its website.
>>
>>I don't know much about Gump - would it be possible to create
>>a special
>>'profile' that only does Forrest generation, possibly with a list of
>>other required doco-related resources like Javadoc?
>>
>>We could of course turn the world around and have our
>>Forrestbot depend
>>on the gump profiles of the different projects.
>

> How about a 'mini' gump which just does xml- projects and the projects
> they depend on?

DEfinately doable, Gump has the notion of profiles, but I want to have
it working for all apache projects that ask for it (James is in
Jakarta-land for example)

I still think that making Forrest work in Gump is the best solution for
Apache projects; I am working on that front now.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -