forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 05:43:21 GMT
Sam Ruby wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>  > I don't know much about Gump, but presumably we could host a Gump
>  > instance
>
> If you are willing to set up an ID for me, I would set everything up and
> keep it running.  Gump requires a fair amount of disk space, and at the
> moment I've standardized on JDK 1.4.  In return, you will have access
> not only to the source to nearly every project you could care to have
> access to, but you will also be able to build most of them.

Wouldn't it be possible to just build the documentation instead? I'm
very reluctant to have source code compilation running on that machine,
but a number of Forrest CLI instances, I wouldn't mind. OTOH, that we
can do just as well with our own forrestbot, if we just bite the bullet
and forego the obligatory CVS transfer method (and use rsync or scp for
transferring files to daedalus).

Nicola: what would be the benefit of using Gump instead of our own
forrestbot?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org