forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 20:21:42 GMT
Jeff Turner wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 26, 2002 at 11:25:31AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>There have been requests to have the forresbot workin' regularly for
>>some projects: FOP and Jakarta James would want it "yesterday" ;-) and
>>it could be good to have it work for Cocoon and Forrest on a /cvs/** subdir.
> I'm working on forrestbot now, trying to get a regression testing suite
> up.  A while back I rewrote most of to delegate to
> targets.  There is some minor hacking still to be done,
> but it mostly works.  See src/resources/forrestbot/samples
> I'm currently tinkering with the mail support.  It also works, except
> requires activation.jar and JavaMail stuff to work.  I have no idea if
> Apache is allowed to distribute these jars.  Due to the following license
> clause, I suspect not:
>   "you [Apache] agree to defend and indemnify Sun and its licensors from
>   and against any damages, costs, liabilities, settlement amounts and/or
>   expenses (including attorneys' fees) incurred in connection with any
>   claim, lawsuit or action by any third party that arises or results from
>   the use or distribution of any and all Programs and/or Software."
> But then, JAMES distributes it so.. :|
>>I'm not aware of the current status, nor of the cocoondev and
>> stuff, so I need input. There is also the possibility
>>of running these site generations through GUMP too. If we make the
>>forrestbot work there, it might just be that the <deliver> tag (that
>>delivers content to places) could be applied to the results. As a hack
>>we can make GUMP publish them as javadocs ;-)
>>What is the final solution we shall propose
> :)  Technically and politically, much less effort.

Yes, (well, should be the name of the vitual host, but
I get your point).

I'm restarting the process of moving cocoon up one level RSN. So I would
not suggest us to start thinking on if/when/how to move forrest (and
friends) over to

What do you think?

Stefano Mazzocchi                               <>

View raw message