forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:56:34 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>  > There have been requests to have the forresbot workin' regularly for
>  > some projects: FOP and Jakarta James would want it "yesterday" ;-)
>  > and it could be good to have it work for Cocoon and Forrest on a
>  > /cvs/** subdir.
>  >
>  > I'm not aware of the current status, nor of the cocoondev and
>  > cocoon.apache.org stuff, so I need input. There is also the
>  > possibility of running these site generations through GUMP too. If we
>  > make the forrestbot work there, it might just be that the <deliver>
>  > tag (that delivers content to places) could be applied to the
>  > results. As a hack we can make GUMP publish them as javadocs ;-)
>
> No need for a hack - you are a committer to gump.

<blush>

Temporary hack, to show that it works and eventually make a <site>
version... or use the <deliver> tag.

> Question: what do you need in order to enable you to make this happen?

the <deliver> tag... my small memory is failing with parity errors ;-)
... what was the status of it? -> ie let's move to alexandria-dev.

>  > What is the final solution we shall propose
>  > infrastructure@apache.org?
>
> The following isn't meant so much as a criticism, but as a suggestion as
> to how you should approach this problem:
>
> As a general rule, proposals as to what you think others should do
> aren't anywhere near as successful as requests for things that you
> specifically need in order to accomplish things that you wish to attempt.

Yes, this is an excellent suggestion.
In fact I was asking to what we should propose concretely specifying
exactly what we need, and be *ready* to do the rest.

Thanks for making it clearer, I agree totally.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -