forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Forresbot WANTED
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 13:44:56 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

  > There have been requests to have the forresbot workin' regularly for
  > some projects: FOP and Jakarta James would want it "yesterday" ;-)
  > and it could be good to have it work for Cocoon and Forrest on a
  > /cvs/** subdir.
  >
  > I'm not aware of the current status, nor of the cocoondev and
  > cocoon.apache.org stuff, so I need input. There is also the
  > possibility of running these site generations through GUMP too. If we
  > make the forrestbot work there, it might just be that the <deliver>
  > tag (that delivers content to places) could be applied to the
  > results. As a hack we can make GUMP publish them as javadocs ;-)

No need for a hack - you are a committer to gump.

Question: what do you need in order to enable you to make this happen?

  > What is the final solution we shall propose
  > infrastructure@apache.org?

The following isn't meant so much as a criticism, but as a suggestion as
to how you should approach this problem:

As a general rule, proposals as to what you think others should do
aren't anywhere near as successful as requests for things that you
specifically need in order to accomplish things that you wish to attempt.

- Sam Ruby