forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: build times
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2002 00:08:06 GMT
hi,
just another idea decreate turn around time for writing documentation

1. write the docs using your favourite html-editor,
i tried using netscape html editor

just be aware of following rules:
   h1, h2, h3, h4 will become s1, s2, s3, s4 tags,
   use a div tag to mark the content of a h1/s1, h2/s2, ... tags.
thus write
<h1>S1Title</h1>
   <h2>S2Title</h2>

2. save your html file in an import dir
3. use sitemap definition snippet to check your html docs:
   <!-- display an edited html document
   -->
   <map:pipeline>
     <map:match pattern="imports/**.html">
       <map:generate type="html" src="imports/{1}.html"/>
       <map:transform src="stylesheets/xhtml2document.xsl" label="content"/>
       <map:transform src="stylesheets/document2html.xsl"/>
       <map:serialize type="html"/>
     </map:match>
   </map:pipeline>

Use, or adopt the xhtml2document.xsl snippet
   <xsl:template match="h1">
     <s1>
       <xsl:attribute name="title"><xsl:value-of
select="."/></xsl:attribute>
       <xsl:apply-templates select="following-sibling::div[1]"/>
     </s1>
   </xsl:template>

4. If your are happy with the docs, move it to its dest dir,
   converting it to xml, that's still on my to-do list....

i know this is not a replacement for a xml editor, but maybe i you
prefer using an html-editor....

any comments?
bye bernhard