forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Miles Elam <mi...@geekspeak.org>
Subject Re: New CSS mockup -- Mac IE 5.x friendly
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:20:13 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Miles Elam wrote:
>
> > Sorry for the lag...I finally got some quality time with an IMac and
> > IE 5.x.
>
> I like your idea of quality time.

Bah.  I need to get a life.  ;-)

> minor nit: when I switch to nav on right using Mozilla 1.1 on W2K, the
> nav neatly moves to the opposite side, but leaving a gaping white
> margin where it was previously. Isn't the idea that the body text gets
> reflowed across the entire page width (minus the right navbar width)
> then?

As a matter of fact it is.  It was.  I think I may have stumbled upon a
Mozilla CSS declaration override bug.  I specified padding-left to be
ten pixels but it wasn't doing it.  I had to specify it as !important to
get it to listen.  Off to bugzilla I go.

It should work fine now.

- Miles