forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: more validation suckage..
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:59:30 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
>
>>I'm not necessarily OK with that, since it smells pretty much like
>>trying to bypass semantical markup practices.
>

> i'm not going to waste a lot of time on this.  if you're not going to
> do it, you're not going to do it.  'emphasis' is (or should be) applied
> to the current style, not the base style.  if you don't like <strong><em>,
> you probably don't like <em><strong> either (and i see from the dtd that
> you don't), and that's certainly even more defensible than the converse.
>
> progressive highlighting of portions of citations is a good example of
> the use of both of these.
>
> but whatever.

"Whatever?"

Ken: thank you for your opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

Having different opinions on things are good, it requires me to
formalize my thinking and defending it. Being a lazy person, I don't
often formalize, and assume my belly-feeling is sort-a-OK. Now, I
checked my belly-feeling with my brain and it seems like they feel OK
with each other. But next time, my belly might have been wrong, and you
right :-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org