forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Miles Elam <mi...@geekspeak.org>
Subject Re: New CSS mockup -- Mac IE 5.x friendly
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 20:53:45 GMT
Miles Elam wrote:

> The Opera screenshot has me a little concerned.  I don't have Opera
> and I don't have easy access to Macs.  Can anyone out there lend a
> hand with development in this case?  Or is Opera like Mozilla in that
> it is very consistent across platforms and I could just fix it in
> Windows and have it fixed on the Mac by association?

The Windows version or Opera 6.x doesn't have that mangled search box.
 :-/  No cross-development possible for me here.  In other news, the
beta of Opera 7 looks worse: the tabs stack up instead of lining up in a
row and 80% of the content disappears.  Time to contact the Opera
developers...

V6 is a nice browser though.  Loads very quickly.  The fact that v7 beta
allows you to switch stylesheets like Mozilla/Netscape 6+ bodes well.  I
just hope they wait to fix a few things before releasing it.

- Miles