forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: more validation suckage..
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:36:30 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> I'm not necessarily OK with that, since it smells pretty much like
> trying to bypass semantical markup practices.

i'm not going to waste a lot of time on this.  if you're not going to
do it, you're not going to do it.  'emphasis' is (or should be) applied
to the current style, not the base style.  if you don't like <strong><em>,
you probably don't like <em><strong> either (and i see from the dtd that
you don't), and that's certainly even more defensible than the converse.

progressive highlighting of portions of citations is a good example of
the use of both of these.

but whatever.