forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject skinconf.xml , single configuration point?
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 13:37:24 GMT

To reduce the number of files needed for forrest, I would propose to
move all forrest.properties under skinconf.xml, and that file be used in
Ant via XmlProperty.

This way we have only one configuration file.

We still need though a place to say where we have *that* file though, so
the options are:
  1) move skinconf.xml to top dir instead of forrest.properties
  2) keep the double possibility, so forrest.properties takes precedence
and can set the location of skinconf.xml
  3) the user sets it via the Ant invocation
  4) the file is searched for automatically and the location cached in
the user's home dir.

I'd say (2), so that users with the src/documentation layout can remove
forrest.properties alltogether.

Thoughts?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -