forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: Jira for Forrest?
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:09:33 GMT
David Crossley wrote:

> Steven Noels wrote:
> <snip/>
>>Remaining questions:
>>- someone must be assigned to the 'project lead' role, and I start to
>>appreciate the no-role-account policy Brian has for ASF-infrastructure.
>>So who would be willing to step forward? It doesn't mean anything - just
>>that your name is displayed at
>>, and perhaps some
>>people will be bugging you directly - but we are used to that already.
> How about "Private Forrest Gump" ... seriously.
> His email address could be forrest-dev@

I tried that first, but it opens up that account for some light hacking:
one can request a password change and the new password is then mailed to
the list. So I opted for the no-role-account policy.

> This could be based on "functional" areas of concern. This is
> also something that we need to address for solving the issues of
> "over-documentation".

I have it a go - pleas cross-check.

>>- anyone willing to co-administer Jira - adding components, versions,
>>etc - I would like to have some decent geograpically dispersion so that
>>administrators are 'on call' where- and whenever the sun shines.
> Could we just have all committers to be the administrators?

Nope, since administrators can manage more than one project. And I'm
planning on adding other projects when 'the community'
becomes reality (e.g. for xReporter).

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at