forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Jira for Forrest?
Date Sun, 17 Nov 2002 15:35:33 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> As you have seen, I've been messing around a bit with the free copy of
> Jira which has been kindly provided to cocoondev.org (the org) by the
> folks of Atlassian.

Status update: I've been tweaking the Jira instance at
http://issues.cocoondev.org/ a bit, and already found out about the
'legendary support' by the Atlassian guys :-)

While we still can't fully depend on it since it is awaiting a pending
upgrade to Tomcat 4.1.x, which has been kindly promised by Dan @
AOIndustries, I'm already trying to structure things a bit so that it is
ready when the infrastructure is.

I've subscribed a dummy mail address issues@cocoondev.org to
forrest-dev@xml.apache.org, and added a ProjectMailListener to Jira so
that new issues and updates to existing ones are also copied to the
list, Bugzilla-style. I've also enabled the option so that issues can
remain 'unassigned' until someone picks it - the alternative being
auto-assignment to the project lead, which IMO defeats its purpose.

Once Forrest committers have created an account on
http://issues.cocoondev.org/, I'll make them part of the
'forrest-developers' group so that they can edit, assign, resolve, close
and delete issues. Or I could create these accounts myself - just let me
know what you prefer.

I'll enable attachment support as soon as Dan has done the migration to
Tomcat 4.1.x

Remaining questions:

- someone must be assigned to the 'project lead' role, and I start to
appreciate the no-role-account policy Brian has for ASF-infrastructure.
So who would be willing to step forward? It doesn't mean anything - just
that your name is displayed at
http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa, and perhaps some
people will be bugging you directly - but we are used to that already.

- is it OK if I add a link to our Jira instance to the website
(http://issues.cocoondev.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10000)

- we need to come up with a list of components and versions - any ideas?

- anyone willing to co-administer Jira - adding components, versions,
etc - I would like to have some decent geograpically dispersion so that
administrators are 'on call' where- and whenever the sun shines.

That's all for now.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org