forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Miles Elam <mi...@geekspeak.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Getting rid of the table-based layout
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:32:32 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> We'll dust out that corner especially for you - don't give up! ;-)

Oh I'm not giving up.  I just need some time to cool off or else I might
"accidentally" put some JavaScript in it that detects IE5 Mac and
rewrites the main content div with "This browser has performed an
illegal request.  Please upgrade your web client.  Your credit card has
been processed successfully.  You are now eligible to download the
newest update at http://www.mozilla.org/.  The download will begin
automatically in five seconds."

And the fact that it would be done in 100% standards compliant DOM level
1 would "hypothetically" bring a smile to my face.

...or I could just count to ten, go to sleep, and let it lay for now.

Give up?  Mac IE 5.x is my new arch-nemesis.  Netscape 4 can breath a
sigh of relief for the time being.  But I'm just going to let it lay for
now.  Mark my words: Mac IE 5.x will be the client that screws up
everyone's designs in much the same role that NS4 has occupied for the
last few years.

- Miles