forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Collen ...@hist.umn.edu>
Subject Re: webapp failure: Servlet.init() for servlet Cocoon2 threw exception
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 21:21:40 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Tony Collen wrote:
>
>> Roger that, 1.4.
>>
>> So go grab the latest xerces.jar and xalan.jar, and throw them into
>> $JAVA_HOME/lib/endorsed ?  Pardon my ignorance :)
>

> You're welcome. You don't have to go grab them elsewhere, they come
> with Forrest (lib\endorsed)... welcome to Java Jar Hell :-)

Bingo.  They weren't working in $JAVA_HOME/lib/endorsed/ so I moved them
to $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib/ and the webapp started... thank you very
much, kind sir :)

On a side note, now that I see what Forrest is for, I can say, "COOL!"
because it gives me most of the functionality that I needed, and it
saves me the pain of having to figure out how to create automatic
navigation.  I look forward to hacking the hell out of the default skin =]

Tony