forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filesystem layout (Re: Skin rewrite: 0.2 release?)
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:59:43 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Please comment on that, or I have to think you don't even want to look
>> at it.
>

> I love you. Is that enough? :-D

:-P

> Seriously: I think the idea of having a status.xml with decisions
> recorded in it is more appealing to me than using a Xyxrix-based tool to
> edit it.

Of course.

The file will become big, and since Forrest users will start to use it
also, I just reckoned that having a tool to aid them would make it more
appealing; but it's not the point, the point of course is the file itself.

> But I also think we should finish & make explicit our contract
> with the user, and he will not be happy if he needs to read status.xml
> for that.

+1

These are two aspects of project management, my proposal just aims to
make the "internal" management more solid.
The contract with the user is the other very important aspect, and has
also to be taken into account.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -