forrest-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Filesystem layout (Re: Skin rewrite: 0.2 release?)
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:44:16 GMT

Steven Noels wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> Steven Noels wrote:
>>
>>> Please go forward with your good thinking, but materialize it in a
>>> document users can depend on - I've just committed a skeleton for you.
>>

>> Ok, this is wise.
>

> Phfewww - I was afraid we were losing each other. Good.
>
>> Actually, we (I'm the first) are in defect towards "The Apache Way" so
>> to speak, because we don't actually have a STATUS document that tracks
>> decisions.
>>
>> Your comment brings this into top priority now, and this is what I've
>> been thinking: to add an <issues> tag in status.xml, to track
>> descisions, a <wishlist> section and a release notes section.
>>
>> I volunteer to make a GUI editor for this, as I've done for the Gump
>> descriptor, as soon as we agree on it, and add stylesheets to make
>> these into separate RSS feeds and pages.
>

> Let's focus on the discussions and their results, and not on the tools
> we will use to record them ;-)

It's about doing it consistently and regularly.
Every Apache project should have a Status file, we don't.

Since we make tools for other projects, I took the occasion to show what
I had been thinking for some time.

Please comment on that, or I have to think you don't even want to look
at it.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -